For consumers the impact of growing hydroponically is high, providing safe and delicious greens direct from our greenhouses to their tables. In contrast, the impact to our environment is low, drastically decreasing water, fertilizer and land usage, yet achieving a more abundant harvest while our innovative packaging options yield better shipping costs and less plastic waste.
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM) is used to control pest populations. Sticky bug-catching tape can be placed throughout the greenhouses to stop bugs in their tracks.
- Passive heating, cooling and water heating systems that circulate throughout the growing zones in the greenhouses reduce energy use.
- Packaging options increase pallet capacity by 20%, decreasing shipping costs and packaging waste.
- By growing hydroponically we preserve the soil structure instead of tilling the soil.
- Greenhouse growing produces substantially higher fields reducing footprint of growing space.
- Our growing system and clamshells are made from recycled plastic.
- Rainwater is channeled off of our greenhouse structure to avoid water runoff and soil erosion.